Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Welcome to Sex and The Suburbs!

If you are here, most likely you are a mom. And hopefully, you have sex. And if not, then we’re going to work on changing that, or at least, find out why.

Welcome to the blog for Sex and The Suburbs, the book on motherhood and sex like none other before it. The book doesn’t exist in completion yet. But, with your help, it will. And when it does, you will have been a part of something great that could change the way moms look at sex, and maybe, just maybe, improve the love lives and relationships of some of them.

Because moms have sex, and they deserve to have good, satisfying, fulfilling sex lives. Just because we have taken on the role of “mother” doesn’t mean that we have to strip ourselves of the role of “wife” and “lover.” Here we will discuss how to do that, the common issues that arise, the concerns women face when confronted with having sex after motherhood, and we will hear stories from women and moms that we can relate to, or that might just open our minds to something new.

I have been surveying moms from all walks of life for the past six months. I have been amazed at the wide variety of responses that I get, as well as the answers in some cases. One thing is for sure, women don’t talk about these issues with each other nearly enough, in a safe and non-judgmental forum, with a sense of humor and an open minded perspective, and that is what I would like to create here with this blog. And at the end, I will compile all the stories, questions and concerns into a book that will hopefully help moms open up about their sex lives and confront their own issues head on.

To the right you will see a link to take the Sex and The Suburbs survey. If you haven’t already, I urge you to take the survey and share with me your experiences. The more mothers I hear from, the more information I can include in the book, and the better it will be. In addition, if you have any ideas for blog posts or stories you would like to share with me, you can click on “Stories and Suggestions” below the survey link. Both links take you to a COMPLETELY anonymous form online. Just be aware that any information you provide in these forms may be used on this blog or in the book, but if you provide me with personal information, it WILL NOT be shared with anyone.

If you are a mom and have a story to share and would like to contribute to this blog, you can also feel free to click on the “Contact” tab at the top of the page and email me your post idea. Occasionally, I will be having guest posters from different kinds of moms with different experiences to share.

Most of all, I want moms to feel like they can come here to laugh, share, learn, and grow. So PLEASE read, comment, take the survey and send me your suggestions. I think we might just have some fun.

And away we go… ;)

9 comments:

Melanie said...

You are amazing and your blog is going to do great - Your book is going to kick ass !! oxoxox

Kimberly Wright said...

I am so happy to see this here! Congrats! Let me know if you need anything because I am here to support you! :)

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

Thanks ladies! Spread the word if you can so people know it's here! Thanks!

for a different kind of girl said...

Applause to you for getting this rolling!

Jenni said...

congrats on the new blog, petra, and good luck!

Momma Hunt said...

Congrats and great to see you up and running again!

Joanie said...

Congrats! You know how much I enjoyed your column. I"m glad to see that you're keeping it going on your own! And I'll definitely buy the book when it's published!

Joanie said...

I think I already did your survey. Didn't I?

Anonymous said...

The Site looks amazing.. Very nice in deed. Im proud of your perseverance to not let this fall by the way side. Good work you sexy mom you!..

Also I think you should have some sort of male perspective for those topics when it’s required...

P.H.

Post a Comment